Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thoughtfetti

I was baking brownies at ten-o'clock last night, because I suddenly needed to bake brownies. Don't ask me why. Who had the craving, huh?

I'm thinking of baking some bread and bringing it to my barista at Borders tonight. Just because.
~~~~~
I have a compost pile again. I tried to start one earlier in the year, but it fizzled - partly because something (or several somethings) was treating it like a buffet, and partly because when I was out of town, the compostables bowl in the kitchen didn't get emptied and I came home to a fuzzy alien mold colony and clouds of tiny flying fruit thingies, and after a couple of repeats I decided it wasn't worth the aggravation.

A couple of weeks ago, I did some yard work and Someone hauled all the tree and bush trimmings and pulled weeds to the pile...so now I'm adding to it again. I'd love to have a composter, but am fine with just tossing stuff in a pile and letting nature do what she's been doing for bazillions of years.
~~~~~
While I'm wishing for stuff...how about a few rain barrels?? I could fill a swimming pool with what we've been getting lately!
~~~~~
Two days of wind and rain have mulched my front steps and yard for me. I own a couple of rakes, but why bother? Unless I want to make a leaf pile for the Evil Genius to jump in, there's no reason to move the leaves. Anyway, I think they're pretty. Plus, I'm lazy, so there's that.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh I like the leaves, I have started composting too, will see how it works in the spring. Take care and be well.

M said...

You take the most amazing pictures. I love the angles you use, and how you see through the lens the simple beauty in natural things. You make me want to go out with my camera, but I have such a hard time getting the beauty my eye sees to be captured in that single click. You have a true gift... several actually :)

HermitJim said...

Nice shots, my friend! Very pretty!

♥ Braja said...

Now I know where I shoulda been at 10pm last night....:)

That Janie Girl said...

I love your pix.

Kyddryn said...

Mizz Cinner, good luck with the composting - I hope it turns out well for you!

Mizz M, you're too kind. I wish you WOULD go out and shoot, shoot, shoot...we all see the world differently, and I adore seeing it throu others' eyes. Also? I almost never get it in one click...that the goddess for digital cameras and multiples shots of the same subject!

Mister Hermit, sir, thank you!

Mizz Braja, it's not too late...I'm trying to resist them, as I know they'll just settle on my ass or my hips. Why don't they ever settle in my boobs?? It's just not fair...

Mizz Janie, thank you.