Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Swan Song

Don't panic...it's just a blog title. I didn't want to call this one "thoughtfetti", although it is somewhat scattered. This entry's pre-written, because I had/have to get up super early Sunday morning to take Someone back to the airport. Not hat I wanted to, and forgetting to set the alarm is/was awfully tempting...sigh...


But...if he doesn't go home, he can't come back. And come back he will. Yep. But that's all I have to say about that...for now...


So...maybe instead I should call this Swanfetti? Yeah...I like that.


If you know who Someone is, you'll get that. If not, well...chalk it up to lack of sleep or too much pumpkin cake or something.
~~~~~
I drove to the airport for the first time in years. Whew. Parking was...adventurous. Because of the later hour, though, once we managed to get into the parking deck, there we plenty of spaces near the door we wanted. Sweet!

Bird was excited to meet Someone, but he forgot about that for a few minutes when we stood outside and watched planes taking off and landing. He was enchanted.

We watched people debarking from the plane, and a soldier came along. Evil Genius and I both said "Thank you!" to the nice man, who smiled and thanked us back. I think we may have made his evening.

The Evil Genius was quite reserved upon first meeting Someone, but he soon got over that. They've spent the last few days playing together - baseball, Frisbee, soccer, kickball, on the swing set, in the yard, and inside the house. Pictures will follow in a day or two, when I've recovered from late nights, early mornings, and an active household.

Some things my son has said recently:

"I didn't like that, but it was fun!" when Someone lifted him onto his shoulder for a turn around the living room.

"I was like a pickle between two soft buns!" when he was hugging Someone and I joined in, smushing the little guy between us.

I've more to tell, but it'll have to wait...I want to spend the last bit of time I can with this man I love before he has to go home...for now...

6 comments:

Momlady said...

I know how it is when you have to say good bye. But it won't be long before he's back. Hope you got/get some sleep 'cause I know you had to get up at o'dark thirty. Enjoyed carving pumpkin and getting to know Someone a little better. Maybe you could post pictures of our carvings?

Susan said...

Swanfetti? Perfect. So glad you and Bird enjoyed Someone's visit. How long until he's back???

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Hey... that guy looks familiar...

Yes, we wanna see pumpkins!

Kyddryn said...

Mum, thanks...I know you understand what it's like. I'll post pics during this week, promise!

Mizz Susan thanks - and we had a blast. I got Someone's permission to post pictures of his funny mug on my blog, so I'll have some of the boys at play. He'll be back soon, just not soon enough. :-)

Sir, patience...I've had to recover from an invasion of delightful weirdness...and I'm still getting over that mysteriously clean cat box...

Suzy said...

Sometimes it's better to think about things than post about them, ya know?

foolery said...

I actually got Swanfetti. I'm giving myself major props and taking the rest of the week off.