...or have I been doing a lot of these lately?
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Oh, so many snarky answers flitted through my brain for this...but I'll play both nice and fair. My toothbrush.
2. Where was your profile picture taken? On my front porch, of one of my beloved morning glories. That particular shade doesn't grow any more, and I haven't been able to find more seeds, so the photo is all that remains.
3. Can you play Guitar Hero? Not very well. I can play almost anything poorly, though, as I suspect most people can.
4. Name someone who made you laugh today. What was it about? That someone would be Someone, and I could tell you but I don't think I will. My mother reads this blog.
5. How late did you stay up last night and why? A bit past two-thirty, because I don't sleep very well of late. I am insomnia's bitch, it seems.
6. If you could move somewhere else where would you and why? I can move somewhere else if I choose. It's still a (somewhat) free country, and the world is getting smaller every day. I would move to Maine, or New Hampshire, or Martha's Vineyard, or Arizona or Missouri, or Oregon, or Alaska, or North Georgia, or Scotland (far from cities) or Ireland (some small town or on the coast) or New Zealand, or anywhere with mountains, or snow, or the sea, or a clear night sky, or forest, or free flowing water...because I love beautiful, wild places where humans haven't had much opportunity to muck things up and I don't like living in crowded places where people can bother me when I'd rather be alone. As long as I had the Blue Nowhere, I'd be fine wherever I came to light.
7. Ever been kissed under fireworks? Can't say that I have. Sounds dangerous.
8. Which of your friends lives closest to you? Hmm...I think that would be Gypsy, although it could be Kit - they're almost equidistant and it takes about the same amount of time to drive to their homes... Of course, my friend K is always in my heart, so that's closer still...
9. Do you believe ex's can be friends? With benefits? I believe that people can find their relationships evolving and adjust accordingly. I believe that a relationship can end one incarnation and begin another, and that all parties involved can remain friendly if they can let go of negative feelings. I believe that people can continue to have sexual contact without any other ties, as long as they're clear about boundaries. I also believe it's not often plausible to continue a physical relationship with an ex, and sometimes it's downright unwise.
10. Do you like Dr. Pepper? On rare occasions, and usually cut with a little Coca-Cola because otherwise it's too pungent. Also, there must be a great deal of ice.
11. When was the last time you cried really hard? Really hard as opposed to just sniveling? Hmm...last night.
12. Who took your profile picture? I did.
13. Who was the last person you took a picture of? The Evil Genius. Unless you count Flat Aunt Becky (post about her coming in the next day or two).
14. Was yesterday better than today? Why? No. Most of my days are much of a muchness...but they improve slightly because each day that passes is one less day awaiting Someone's return to Casa de Crazy.
15. Can you live a day without TV? I can live days, weeks, and moths without television, and have done. As much as I adore my programs - they are filler, a way to pass otherwise empty time. Because I watch National Geographic and the Discovery family of channels for the most part, at least I'm learning something...but it's still filler. Also...I have TiVo, so, you know...I can always watch later.
16. Are you upset about anything now? The usual suspects - namely, my apparent inability to grasp whatever simple thing most other people grasp that lets them get along in and succeed in the workaday world.
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it? Yes, even the failed ones. They all have their moments of brilliance and of shadow, and I appreciate those moment equally.
18. Are you a bad influence? I'd like to think so.
19. Night out or night in? Both.
20. What items could you not go without during the day? Oxygen is right up there...
21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? Oh, hmm...I can't recall...although I suspect it may have been Gypsy when she had just had Mouse. Unless you count my trip last summer with the Evil Genius to the ER.
22. What does the last text message in your inbox say? I don't know - I don't text.
23. How do you feel about your life right now? It has good points and bad points. They are about even, although I'm happier than usual so that's nice...
24. Do you hate anyone? Nope. Hatred is a waste.
25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find? I have a Facebook inbox? I have no idea what's in it. The Internet version of dust bunnies?? Also...who's "we"?
26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass? I don't test well...but yes...
27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before? Hah! Hahahah...ahhh....hahahah....whew...
28. What song is stuck in your head? Tonight it's After the Goldrush by Neil Young, thanks to BHJ and his blog post today.
29. Someone knocks on your window at 2 a.m., whom do you want it to be? It had better be Superman or some other flying person, as my window is two storeys up!
30. Do you (or did you) want to have grandkids before you’re 50? No. The Evil Genius will only be nineteen, and unless he wants to have children at that young age and is prepared for all they entail, I hope he will not be helping to produce them. I am presuming that I will have raised him well enough that he understands when you help make one, you help raise it. If you aren't ready to take responsibility, then you either use birth control or you don't have sex. That's how I feel about it in a nutshell, anyway.
31. Tell us your Saturday night. Same as any other night - make dinner, play with/teach/read to Evil Genius, tidy kitchen, put Evil Genius to bed, talk to Someone on the phone, hang out in the Blue Nowhere, write, go to bed. Whee.
32. Do you think too much or too little? Probably too much. I think...
33. Do you smile a lot? More and more, lately.
Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!
"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One
For old quotes, look here.
For old quotes, look here.