Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

So...Yeah.

This song has been stuck in my head lately. I think it's because of some conversations swirling around in my life with several folks about being who we are, being honest, being "allowed" to simply be ourselves without pretense, without putting on our masks. It sort of falls in with the concept of perfect love I wrote about last month.

1 comment:

Holly said...

This was the song my first husband and I danced to at our wedding. It was perfect for us. Even though he and I are no longer married to each other, this philosophy is the one that continues to define our relationship. We love each other and like each other very much. I suspect neither of us can imagine life without our friendship in it.

Best of all, our spouses support this and welcome it. I wish it could be like this for everyone.

Thanks for the good reminder today.