Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Friday, October 17, 2008

Thoughtfetti

I didn't get to the gym this morning. I'll go this afternoon or tomorrow. It's all good.
~~~~~
A steady rain is falling, soft little kisses upon the earth, soft little kisses on my skin when I stood out in it, letting it wash something indefinable away. The Earth will take what I give her and make it green and alive. Wonderful stuff, metaphysics.
~~~~~
Today I am going to attempt making fresh pumpkin puree, so I don't have to buy tinned any more. I love adding a new skill to my lexicon.
~~~~~
Today I am also trying to figure out how to reclaim Thursday as my day for selfish me. Is one day a week really so much to ask? Why is Fate continually messing with my Thursday Shui? Watch it, Fate - I am not in the mood for your shenanigans.
~~~~~
Isn't the word "shenanigans" fun??
~~~~~
My son inherited my temper. Good thing he inherited my capacity for love, too.
~~~~~
I just spent half an hour trying to remember where I put a check I'm supposed to deposit today. I found it. Whew.
~~~~~
The light that touches you, touches me. The light that touches me, touches you. The air that I breathe is the air that you breathe, too. The air that you breathe has been my breath as well. Cool.
~~~~~
Do you think that we are all quantum singularities for our experience? Inescapable, drawing in our lives and compressing them to a density beyond measure? What would happen if we could let go? What would happen if the singularity unclenched and released all that light and matter? A new universe? A new reality?
~~~~~
I'm not on drugs, honest.
~~~~~
Play along:

Knock knock.

Boo.

Don't cry, it's just me.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I have a wonderful sister but I'd love to add another. I love the way your mind works and the way your write about it. Bird is a lucky one...

Writer Dad said...

Do you think that we are all quantum singularities for our experience? Inescapable, drawing in our lives and compressing them to a density beyond measure? What would happen if we could let go? What would happen if the singularity unclenched and released all that light and matter? A new universe? A new reality?


That's the theme of my major novel, if I ever get it written.

MereCat said...

I like the breathing the same air thing. I have one of those philosophical mananas about water. Like the water I drink has probably already been through many other bodies before mine.

Not on drugs here, either. Swear.

Kyddryn said...

Susan, thanks.

Writer Dad - I'll be waiting to see where you run with it.

Merecat, I think the world is odd enough, it works its way into us and we don't need drugs - just eyes to see, ears to hear, a mind to think. Yes, the water has been there before...or somewhere else...or someone else...and every time you take a drink, it is also coming home.

Ohm or some junk.

Debbie said...

I love the breathing bit. But when I think about it again it's no wonder colds get passed around so easily. So, I think I prefer the light part. :)