Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Thoughtfetti

I didn't get to the gym this morning. I'll go this afternoon or tomorrow. It's all good.
~~~~~
A steady rain is falling, soft little kisses upon the earth, soft little kisses on my skin when I stood out in it, letting it wash something indefinable away. The Earth will take what I give her and make it green and alive. Wonderful stuff, metaphysics.
~~~~~
Today I am going to attempt making fresh pumpkin puree, so I don't have to buy tinned any more. I love adding a new skill to my lexicon.
~~~~~
Today I am also trying to figure out how to reclaim Thursday as my day for selfish me. Is one day a week really so much to ask? Why is Fate continually messing with my Thursday Shui? Watch it, Fate - I am not in the mood for your shenanigans.
~~~~~
Isn't the word "shenanigans" fun??
~~~~~
My son inherited my temper. Good thing he inherited my capacity for love, too.
~~~~~
I just spent half an hour trying to remember where I put a check I'm supposed to deposit today. I found it. Whew.
~~~~~
The light that touches you, touches me. The light that touches me, touches you. The air that I breathe is the air that you breathe, too. The air that you breathe has been my breath as well. Cool.
~~~~~
Do you think that we are all quantum singularities for our experience? Inescapable, drawing in our lives and compressing them to a density beyond measure? What would happen if we could let go? What would happen if the singularity unclenched and released all that light and matter? A new universe? A new reality?
~~~~~
I'm not on drugs, honest.
~~~~~
Play along:

Knock knock.

Boo.

Don't cry, it's just me.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I have a wonderful sister but I'd love to add another. I love the way your mind works and the way your write about it. Bird is a lucky one...

Anonymous said...

Do you think that we are all quantum singularities for our experience? Inescapable, drawing in our lives and compressing them to a density beyond measure? What would happen if we could let go? What would happen if the singularity unclenched and released all that light and matter? A new universe? A new reality?


That's the theme of my major novel, if I ever get it written.

MereCat said...

I like the breathing the same air thing. I have one of those philosophical mananas about water. Like the water I drink has probably already been through many other bodies before mine.

Not on drugs here, either. Swear.

Kyddryn said...

Susan, thanks.

Writer Dad - I'll be waiting to see where you run with it.

Merecat, I think the world is odd enough, it works its way into us and we don't need drugs - just eyes to see, ears to hear, a mind to think. Yes, the water has been there before...or somewhere else...or someone else...and every time you take a drink, it is also coming home.

Ohm or some junk.

Debbie said...

I love the breathing bit. But when I think about it again it's no wonder colds get passed around so easily. So, I think I prefer the light part. :)