Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thoughtfetti

I made a crock pot roast on Monday - it was the easiest thing I could think of to start off what would be a crazy-busy week. I was crazy, and busy, and crazy-busy. I will make the leftovers into vegetable-beef soup. I've never done that before, so we'll see how that goes.
~~~~~
Starting Monday and ending yesterday morning (Saturday, for anyone reading this a million years from now)(as if) I got twenty two hours of sleep. That makes for a deficit of twenty-three hours (I usually try for nine hours a night because that's what I seem to need). No wonder I got up this morning, ate breakfast, read to the kid a little, fell asleep sitting at the computer desk, and then took a four hour nap.
~~~~~
I hauled almost a ton of ice during the week. Some of it was stuff I moved more than once, but I think that still counts. I also lost the four pounds I gained in the last month. Think there's a corollary?
~~~~~
The racing world misses Paul Newman; the team he sponsored had special patches and stickers that were beautifully simple - white background, black lettering, his initials PLN centered on a rectangle; there was a billboard that was clearly visible to fans and television cameras that was the same white background, black letters, PLN. Oh, how we will miss the man who raced with class, style, and more than a little cool.
~~~~~
I got to tell a whole passel of soldiers "Thank you for your service." and nearly cried when one of them told me they usually perform as the guard for funerals - so doing color guard for a race was a treat. If I live to see a world that can resolve conflict without killing, I will know the end is nigh, but I'll also rejoice.
~~~~~
Today is usually Atlanta Pagan Pride Day. I usually have to be up around four in the morning to drive down and set up my little booth (I tell fortunes)(shut up), perform, and generally show my support for the community. I can't begin to describe how grateful I am that they cancelled it this year. I should be sorry (and I am), but I'm mostly relieved - I love the event, love the people, and always have fun...but this week was exhausting, and I don't know if I would have made it through the whole day.
~~~~~
Eighty cases of water. I moved eighty cases of water. And more than a dozen cases of soft drinks. Oh, and probably a dozen or so cases of beer. More than once. Whew.
~~~~~
A little while ago, I told someone that I felt like I've been trod upon by a large pachyderm. That about sums it up.
~~~~~
I had more fun in one week than most folks have all year, and I'm already looking forward to next year's race. For right now, though, I think I'll take another nap - I just spent two hours writing this post, and you wouldn't believe the number of typos. Thanks, spell check!

2 comments:

foolery said...

Wow, and I thought I had a busy week! I did, but not like you. Glad you can breathe again -- can you?

Thought about you instantly when I heard that PLN had passed away. Don't know why, exactly; you had mentioned him only once in my memory. I just did.

Have a good rest of the week, Kyddryn!

-- Laurie @ Foolery

Kyddryn said...

Thanks for popping by - I know you have a lot of balls in the air! I was only busy for the one week - you seem to have a months-long craze happening.