Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Please Excuse Me While I Have a Minor Meltdown

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Pant, pant...pant...

I am sick nigh unto death of this election and all the hatred, lies, manipulations, fear-mongering, anger, and even rage it has engendered in people. I would gladly chuck in this festering mess of a nation for a quiet island in the Caribbean (even if it didn't have a Starbuck's, I'm that serious!)

I am sick of my phone ringing, surveys or politicians asking about what I want in my leaders - it's a bit late for that, isn't it?? If you change now, you're just an asshole waffler who only wants my vote, not someone who genuinely cares that my family is barely scraping by and I'm seriously considering giving up medication and going to the chiropractor (but not the gym...yet) so we have a little breathing room in our finances.

I am sick of being told how wrong I am about my opinions...when other people were fool enough to ask for them!!

I am sick of being held responsible for the poor choices that others have made...and of fearing that my "fair share' of the bailout will mean selling everything we have that isn't nailed down.

I am sick, sick, sick of having to tell my son that he can't have or do the simplest things (like go to a friend's house to play) because we can't afford the fuel. Y'all...right now, I can't even buy bubbles. Bubbles!

I hate feeling trapped. I hate feeling like I am a deadbeat because I chose to stay home and teach my son rather than thrust him into the dubious care of strangers with their own political, educational, and financial agendas.

I'm sick of people who won't take responsibility for their actions.

On the other hand...my son is singing This Island Earth. How can I be unhappy, with that floating through the air?

Here's a version (a thank-you of sorts for sticking with me through the whole rant)(this isn't the version we have...ours is from The Vineyard Sound CD, but it's the same song...)



I know we can find our way...

4 comments:

RachelW said...

You can do it; all it takes is resilience, perseverance and a little creativity, of which you have more than just a little. Sometimes we have to reimagine our lives, restructure a little, and all of a sudden there is some breathing room.

Love and hugs!

Anonymous said...

Win at all cost. It's all about winning and not doing the right thing.

Suzy said...

I was walking SLOWLY with my cane and got stopped to ask to volunteer for No on 8 here in LA. I was so pissed I turned around and said, "Do I LOOK like I'm in any shape to volunteer?"

He was about 19 and these are the idiots who are voting.

Kyddryn said...

Rachel, thanks.

Chris - exactly.

Suzy - did you whack him in the shin with your cane?? Totally justifiable...