Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Kind Word

I have been following Fat Cyclist on his blog for a while now. His wife has cancer. She is near the end. I am heartsick for this man I don't know, and his family I've never met. I've been through so many cancer deaths...

I wish I could make it go away.

I wish I could manifest my chosen super-power, Mom's Kiss, and make it all better.

I don't often hate. Hatred is a waste of time, energy, and spirit. I hate cancer.

My aunt D will die of cancer...by year's end, or soon after.

If you have a moment and a little love or compassion to spare, go see Fatty and say a kind word...he and his children are dangling over a very dark abyss and could use all the hands that will reach to hold them up.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Consider it done. You spread more joy and comfort than I think you'll ever realize.

Kyddryn said...

Susan, thanks...