Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Small Things

Bird was up in the middle of the night, sick. T took care of him - apparently my momdar wasn't on, because I slept right through it (a first in my little guy's five years - usually T sleeps right through whatever's got the little guy up and I'm the one who is up at odd hours).

This morning, the boy clambered up onto our miles-high bed, nestled between his two parents, and had a long, quiet cuddle.

One of the cats decided the kid would make a good nesting place and made herself comfortable on his legs.

I asked him if he could feel her purring and he said "Yes...it feels just like a bumping star."

Mmm...nice way to start the day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, what a lovely picture of domestic bliss!

By the way, the joke? My 5-year-old has better ones!

Anonymous said...

My favorite start to the day usually involves a walk at the park with the wife and son, and maybe some picture taking of the sunrise. And then lots of sugary cereal! :)

MereCat said...

Oh! So sweet. I can't wait for my kids to talk. I hope they say cute stuff like that.

Kit said...

That's just awesome. :)

Kyddryn said...

Tara, it was a rare moment - usually, when the Evil Genius wants to cuddle, what he really wants is to wrestle and play on the bed...almost always leaving a bruise on my somewhere! As for the jokes, well - I never said I was funny.

Oktober Five, welcome!! I like the sound of your morning, too...except the whole sugary cereal part...because the kid's already crazy without the help of sugar and food colouring...

Merecat, you say that now...but wait until they can talk and won't stop!!

Kit - yep...not the same as some of your sweet moments, but they're all different, aren't they??