Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Got Memed!

Here, read this while I try to get it out of my hair...
~~~~~

GO WAY BACK TO 1993

1) How old were you? Old enough to drink. More than that, I ain't sayin'.

2) Where did you go to school? I was done with the school system, but I never stopped learning.

3) Where did you work? Umm...I can't remember - I think I was still a nanny.

4) Where did you live? Dunwoody, Georgia, with my Mum. You got a problem with that??

5) Where did you hang out? Home or Road Atlanta, and occasionally at the local college library, with forays into New Orleans because I could.

6) Did you wear contacts? Nope.

7) Who was your best friend? Bear, who isn't any more...people change and drift. I had just met K, who now has that questionable honor.

8) How many tattoos did you have? None, yet. Now, I can't get enough...sigh...addiction is a terrible thing...

9) How many piercings did you have? Just muh ears, same as today.

10) Did you drive a car? Finally, yes. 1979 Chevy Malibu CLassic with a 305 V8, grunt, snort. I loved that car with a madness and miss her to this day.

11) Had you been to a real party? What, a birthday party isn't real?? Nope...not the drunken crush I think this question implies, anyway.

12) Had you had your heart broken? Nah...I was already heartless.

13) Were you Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? All by my lonesome, and better off that way.

14) Any Kids? Not then, not my own - I was a nanny, though, and those kids were as good as mine...until they didn't need me any more. Sigh.

***10 years ago today: 1998***

1) How old were you? Ten years younger than I am now. Notice a pattern, here??

2) Where did you go to school? Hmm, let's do some math - If I was done with the system fifteen years ago, it follows I was still done with it ten years ago, no?

3) Where did you work? I was (for all intents and purposes) running a daycare on a part-timer's salary while the director was busy having a nervous breakdown.

4) Where did you live? Condo in Sandy Springs, Georgia.

5) Did you wear glasses? Nope, unless you count my freakin' awesome Gargoyles.

6) Who was your best friend? The same poor lass who occupies that place today.

7) How many tattoos did you have? Five, same as I have now. Want more. Sniff.

8) How many piercings? Again, just muh ears.

9) What car did you drive? Still the Malibu, but I would be letting her go, soon. Sniff.

10) Had your heart broken? Nope, still heartless.

11) Were you Single/Taken? Dating for the first time ever.

12) Any Kids? Only the four-footed, meowing variety.

*****5 Years Ago: 2003****

1) How old were you? Five years younger than I am today. See how this works??

2) What did you do? I was struggling to reconcile myself to my role as Mum (the Evil Genius was born in January of '03), wondering if I wanted to be a wife, and trying to keep a positive attitude about T's employment issues (not his fault, but rather stressful when you've got a new baby)(three jobs in five months? Ack!! That's no insurance for more than a year!!)(And we were a little light in the pantry area, too.)

3) Where did you live? Same place I am now, house in Braselton, Georgia.

4) Did you wear glasses? Nope.

5) Who were your closest friends? K, Michelle, S, Kit

6) Did you talk to your old friends? Sometimes.

7) How many piercings did you have? Still just muh ears.

8) How many tattoos? Still five...sniff...I need a sugar-daddy for muh ink...

9) What kind of car did you have? Same one I'm driving now, the ultimate mom-mobile - Chevy Astro Van.

10) Single/taken/married/divorced? Married.

11) Any Children? Just the one, and he was pretty new.

*****Today: 2008*****

1) How old are you? Really, you haven't figure this out by now??

2) What do you do? Write music, write stories, sing, record, take photographs, write some more, raise the Evil Genius, cook, avoid housekeeping, write a little, school the Evil Genius, crochet, quilt, bead, chain-maille, blog, answer an endless stream of memes, and generally muddle through as best I can.

3) Where do you live? Braselton, Georgia - but someday I hope to live just past The Back of Beyond.

4) Do you wear glasses? Nope.

5) Who are your closest friends? K, Michelle, S, and Kit. I should mention that Mum is always in this grouping, too, but I figured the question was aimed more at non-blood relatives.

6) Do you talk to your old friends? Sometimes.

7) How many piercings do you have? Still just muh ears, and not likely to change.

8) How many tattoos? Sam as before. Would you like to help change that??? I'm taking donations...

9) What kind of car do you have? Same ultimate mom-mobile, Chevy Astro Van.

10) Has your heart been broken? Yep (I am not sure how since I am STILL a heartless wench). Well and truly.

11) Single/taken/married/divorced? Married...

12) Any Children? Just the one...unless you count The Husband, The Roommate, and the three four-footed slave drivers...I need a vacation...somewhere with quiet, a private masseuse, handsome cabana boys who adore zaftig gals, and many, many rum drinks.

No comments: