Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Feh!

Bird and I spent last evening hanging out with friends at Chick-fil-A - they have a nice little play area that is enclosed with scream-proof glass, so the kids can be as loud as they like and we won't hear it. Nice!

M was working on a crochet project, as was I. The boys played with each other and anyone who didn't flee fast enough, and we ended up being there for more than three hours. Our kids will sleep well tonight!!

Coming home fun - a tractor-trailer was breathing down my neck most of the way, even though he could have gone around and I was ten over the limit (but I'll deny that if you try to write me a ticket, Officer Friendly). Sigh. I get being in a hurry, but that's what the LEFT lane is for. The RIGHT lane is for folks like me who don't feel like breaking the sound barrier at the moment.

Home again, and boy...my house stinks!! I need to open up the windows, take out the trash, clean he cat boxes, and find whatever floor-dwelling clothing and towels the beasties have whizzed on and get them clean, before someone walks in here and drops dead from allergies, asthma, or horror.

How did I not notice this before??

I guess y'all know what I'll be doing after the gym today. Hurrah for me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were you I would have slowed down even more on the tractor thing.

RachelW said...

I agree with Chris; best thing to do is slow down to ten under and see what he does. Put your hazards on if he doesn't either pass or back off. ;)

Unknown said...

Ah the glamorous life of being a woman eh?
do you think Angelina comes home and declares to Brad "the house stinks honey. I;ll get down on my hands and knees and find the source of the smell"
Hmm

Kyddryn said...

Chris, Rachel - 'round here, you'll get flattened if you do that...but I exited before he could count the hairs on the back of my head, so all's well, I guess.

Tara - it's just one of the many fine aspects of living the beautiful life.

Kit said...

Something in our garage is foul. I am afraid to look for it. Very, very afraid.

Kyddryn said...

Kit, make Music Man do it...isn't that what husbands are for??? :-)