Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Monday, July 27, 2009

Contest Results

Time's up. Yeah, I know, you were holding your breath, wondering "What the Hell is that??"


This:



Is from this:

I call this shot "Sandy little piggies". I was randomly shooting from different angles to see if anything interesting came of it...and, while it's not exactly museum quality, I got a giggle from it. Thank you to Someone for being a good sport about all this.

Five folks played along - thank you Hermit Jim, Suzy, Cinner, Rene, and Kit!

No one guessed exactly what it was, but a couple of you came close, so I've decided to award two wins - one to Hermit Jim: "Looks to me like part of someone's body covered with sand...or with a combination of sand and salt water" and one to Suzy: "a leg covered with sand.". I can do that - it's my blog.

Here's what y'all get to do - click on the tags below to peruse the various photographs I've tossed around the blog, pick one you like, and e-mail me your choice and your address so I can ship you a mounted/matted piece, finished size up to 8 x 10. If you don't have a preference, just tell me your favorite color (or, conversely, the color you like least) and let me send you a random piece specially selected piece of art.

Miss Rene: "I looks like the Twinkie I found under the couch! No? Is it a stuffed animal?", Cinner: "I don't know what the hell it is, but I do know you can keep it. Lol.", and Kit: "A sandy, umm. . . a sandy. . . sheesh, let's just say it looks uncomfortable! Though that lower right corner has me confused. . . I give up!" (Kit...this is a family blog!!)(and it was a toe, sweetie)- y'all are funny! Thank you for playing along...I hope you'll join in again in the future!

3 comments:

Rob Houston said...

Will there be a second round? I unfortunately missed the first :(

Rob

Kyddryn said...

Aww, Rob - I'm sorry you missed it! I plan on having another contest fairly soon, though...I'll try to let you in on it - and I usually run them for a week (umm...can I say "usually" when I've only done one other??) so you'll have more time. Thanks for asking!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Is it a foot covered in sand?

Ha!...