Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Saturday, February 28, 2009

All Good Things Come to an End

The gallery show ends today. We had a few folks pass through, but it was a slow month all around, even for the gallery. I don't know what, if anything, we sold, won't know until later next month when they'll send a check and (hopefully) a list of what we sold...or when we do an inventory, if we can be bothered. I know one person wanted to talk to K about designing a logo for him...hopefully that will come to fruition.


Meanwhile, I am spending today at the gallery with S, taking down the show and cleaning out the room for the next artist. If I can figure out how, I'll be putting the framed and matted pieces up on my Etsy site later this month. I know you're just holding your breath...


I am considering trying to mount a full showing later this year or sometime next year, filling the room in its entirety with my work (maybe a few really big pieces, if I can manage to get them printed), but it depends on our finances and whether I can manage to put together more framed art. Ah, well...one may dream...

3 comments:

RachelW said...

Congratulations on the completion of your show! It's a difficult thing, putting your work out there for the public to put their scornful or appreciative eye upon.

Kit said...

I am really, really bummed we didn't make it up. :( I so wanted to see it all displayed together! I'm sorry, again. :( I hope you sold something! Wouldn't that be cool?

Kyddryn said...

Rachel, thanks. I even booked the roomfor October 2010...'cause I like to plan ahead. Way, way ahead.

Kit, It's all in my van, still...so next time we get together, I'll probably be back there. We could have a trunk show. Van show. Whatever. :-)