Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, February 20, 2009

It's How I Roll, Yo

Every night now and then, we run out of traditional dinner fare at Casa de Crazy. On those regular rare occasions, I may have to improvise a meal.

Often, that means scrambled eggs and toast, or some kind of fritata-from-the-leftovers, or a quick dial-up to one of the two places that will deliver food to our door for a mortgage payment nominal fee.

On rarer occasions, I'll have some crescent-rolls-in-a-tube on hand, and I have some fun rolling random ingredients up in them.

A few nights ago, I found myself wondering what I could have for dinner that didn't involve dialing the phone. T was out if town, the Evil Genius supped on a sumptuous feast of leftover pizza (cold,natch) and milk, and I didn't feel like messing up a whole lot of pots and pans for dinner for one.

I remembered the crescent rolls. And the peperoni. And the chopped peppers, and the onion, and the chunk o' cheddar cheese. Woo-hoo, dinner was on! On half the crescents I layered pepperoni, cheese, peppers and onions, rolled 'em up, and pinched the edges closed to help fend off leakage. On the other half of the rolls I spread a bit of orange marmalade, sprinkled a few chocolate chips (Ghiradelli 60% cacao, no less) and some dried cherries. Rolled 'em up, pinched the edges, and baked the lot at 350 for 18 minutes.

I'll be walking them off for a month, but it was totally worth it!

So...how do you roll??

2 comments:

RachelW said...

Ginger marmalade and dark chocolate, that would be my choice, mmmmm!

Kyddryn said...

Ooh, ginger marmalade...I want some of that!!