Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Thursday, February 12, 2009

Search Me

Let's take another break from all that artsy-fartsy stuff. I figure the one reader I have remaining at this point might appreciate a brief pause in the photo-onslaught. I checked out my search stats and found some fascinating terms that led people to my little patch of Blogopolis, and as usual, I feel the need to share the weirdness.
~~~~~

smell of spunk - Ah, yes, the latest perfume in the Martha Stewart line at K-Mart...

pictures of animals that sleep the longest - My cats could certainly be in the running for this one...

how to carrot in sweet water - Umm...is this some kind of euphemism?? Because I'm a little slow on the uptake with those...just sayin'...

clam hogs of new england with mike rowe - I have no idea what that is, but if it involves Mike Rowe, I'm game!

magnetic storm windows chicago - I didn't know they had an album by that name...

2 comments:

Susan said...

That is some weird stuff! I absolutely love your comments on each one. Too funny, especially the carrot(?!).

MereCat said...

That's really weird. I never get weird stuff like that. Mine are all boring. You've got to wonder what people are thinking????