Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Crow Heart

crows are history keepers
not historians,
keepers
different
they don't wonder
study
guess
crows know
they were there
and they know
one to another, they tell
one crow
to a murder
they relay battles
won and lost
crows never forget
if you know how to listen
they will tell you, too

I think my heart is a crow.

5 comments:

RachelW said...

Wonderful beings, crows. We've had a few around here the past couple of years. They didn't used to come this far north, but they can tell the climate is shifting.

foolery said...

You never fail to surprise me, Miss K. How do you think of these things? Magical.

And I love that you know their group is called a "murder."

-- Laurie

cindy said...

Brilliant.

devilsivy said...

Shiny wings you sing your heart. They do know.

Kyddryn said...

Rachel, I agree - I love to watch them hop about the yard or fly above...and when they chase the hawks, I scold them, but I'm laughing.

Laurie, it takes a special kind of crazy to be me. I'm glad you liked it.

Cindy, welcome, and thank you!

Ivy, thanks.