Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Friday, February 6, 2009

Owlish

I meant to post something about the owl, but got sidetracked. Laurie's comment reminded me I'd forgotten something - he's back!

Is it completely ridiculous that I grin whenever I see him? Today, he stared right at me while I fed the birds and outdoor kitties. At least he didn't hop back into the tree or fly away - so maybe we'll be friends after all. Some of the original posts are here, here, and here, if you're interested.

A windy day, an interested, interesting owl, and a few minutes playing the flute to the birds, including a short musical conversation with a mourning dove, and I felt a wee better this afternoon. Stupid depression. Stupid misfiring neurons. Sigh.

Here are a couple more craptastic, out of focus shots of the owl - hope springs eternal that one of these days I'll get a good one of him!



2 comments:

Suzy said...

Were you joking about the depression? Get on meds immediately, it will change your life. It did mine.

Kyddryn said...

Mizz Suzy, I would never joke about depression, or any mental illness...at least, not about having it. I guess I do often make jokes about being a bubble off plumb, but it's a coping mechanism. And I AM nuttier than a Claxton fruitcake...

I can't take meds - I did for a while when I was younger (several, actually), and it was a bad, bad thing. Please believe me when I tell you that I'm better off without them. Sigh.

I AM glad you've benefited from them...I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone, and if a body can have a better life through chemistry, I say hurrah for them!

Thanks for your concern...I really will muddle through somehow.