Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Yes, It's All About Meme

Picked this up over at Writer Dad, had to answer...you know the drill...

1) Where were you ten years ago?
*Reeling from the breakup of the singing group I was in, trying to help pick up the pieces and form the nascent beginnings of the band I'm in today.
*Just beginning to date T.
*Living in a four bedroom condo (all to myself, I'm that greedy for space!).
*Managing a daycare center, performing much like a director, a secretary, and a teacher on a part-time assistant substitute's salary. Yeah, that lasted.

2) What’s on your to do list today?
*Blog.
*Educate the Evil Genius.
*Work on one of the seemingly innumerable stories I have in the works with an eye to finishing one sometime before the next century.
*Educate the Evil Genius some more.
*Bake something, anything.
*More edjucatin'.
*Walk, go to the gym, or boogie with the kid to get the blood out of my arse and circulating through the rest of me.
*Consider doing laundry, laugh hysterically, do same with dishes and general housekeepery.
*Try to convince the Universe that I really need to win the bazillion-dollar lottery.
*Laugh with the Universe as it mocks me.
*Try not to be so wordy, fail.
*Read stuff to self.
*Read stuff to Evil Genius.
*Try not to dump Evil Genius on his tiny bottom when he elbows my boob again because he got excited about something we're reading.
*Nap often, at great length, with tremendous focus.
*Stop feeling like crap.
*Give in to the Zen of feeling like crap.
*Fill bottomless pit (read "feed child").
*Blog more.

Busy, me.

3) What if you were a Billionaire?
*Hire a stunt-boob for when the Evil Genius gets excited about reading.
*There are some people who have made all the difference when it came to choosing life over death - I would like to give them an easier life to thank them for helping me have any life at all.
*Create education and retirement funds for family members.
*Create a trust fund for the Evil Genius and not tell him about it so he's not spoiled by money (or the idea of money) and knows how to do for himself.
*Buy acres and acres of land to get lost on, build dream house in the middle, and make it my haven when I'm not traveling.
*Fund the arts.
*Write. Keep writing. Write some more.
*Find a way to help translate the things I've experienced - the mental illness, the abuse, the unadulterated misery, the beauty, and the love - into something that might help someone else find their way out of the swamp...because even though I wish I was alone in here, I know very well that I'm not, and why shouldn't we give each other road maps when we can??
*Buy a new body and have my brain transplanted. Oh, wait, they can't do that yet, can they? Dang. OK. Build a home gym, hire a trainer and a shrink, get to the bottom of my bottom (and other really big bits), and haul myself (and my shrinking arse) into a whole new level of healthy existence. You're welcome to join me, the gym will be big enough for all comers.
*Travel. A lot. With friends. Alone. See, experience, be in my global community.
*Am I out of money, yet?

4) Five places you have lived?
*Little Compton, RI, in a grand old Georgian Revival house that I would live in today if I could.
*An un-air-conditioned apartment in Florida where we caught lizards outside and released them inside so they'd eat the roaches because we couldn't afford an exterminator.
*A garden shed that had a cot, a sort of plank for a desk, and me. Peed in the bushes, read by candle light, best summers ever.
*A dormitory in New Hampshire with a handful of other kids, heated by wood stove, out in the woods, best school ever.

5) Three bad habits? (What, only three?)
*I eat too much, too often, and all the wrong things.
*I say (and believe) terrible things about myself.
*I cannot seem to finish many of the things I've started, but I do just fine starting more.

6) Snacks you like? (OK, I am answering this one just for this week, because these things change too often to be answered concretely)
* Mini Twix bars.
*Angel food cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
*Celery stuffed with cream cheese and olives.
*Baby carrots and cucumber slices.
*Fudgecicles.
*Jell-O.
*Pringles.
*Popcorn.
*Cheese. Mmm, cheese...

7) Who will you tag?
No one. Everyone. Whatever...

No comments: