Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thoughtfetti and the Bump(er)

Holy crap...this is my four-hundred-and-first post! Yowza!
~~~~~
I spent the night at Mum's house last night so I wouldn't have to get up early this morning and drive up here - we're taking a class together later today (Learning a new crochet pattern, isn't that exciting?)(Actually, is is kinda cool)(Hush), and when we signed up for it I decided to try and make a mini-vacation out of it.

Last night, we went out to the Thai place in town, then toddled over to the Chattahoochee Somethingorother Fair to see what was on. We fully expected a high cheese-factor and were not disappointed. We had fun and I plan on writing about it in more detail later.
~~~~~
I kept Mum up late, chatting. We don't often have time to talk uninterrupted or without fear of being overheard...we haven't had a meaningful conversation in a long time. We were discussing family matters, and I may or may not share those another time.

When we went to bed, she admonished me to close the curtains so the light wouldn't bother me in the morning. I didn't. I like the light, they way it creeps through and then over the trees and out onto the field she calls a yard. I slept with my windows open so I could hear the insects in their nightly chorus. It was loverly.

I spent an hour just staring out the window, watching the sunlight creep along and admiring the leaves on the hickory tree as they semaphored in the wind.
~~~~~
Mum decided she wanted a shower just now, so I figured I'd get a quick Net fix while she did. I'm not an addict or anything. Nope, not me (That wasn't me who was online while in the control tower at Road Atlanta last weekend, and you can't prove anything!!! Umm...OK, unless you know how to do that ISP trick, and then...well...it was my evil twin, honest!!).
~~~~~
A quick bumper sticker for you:

Things just haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister.

No comments: