Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An Interlude

The Evil Genius and I had a jaunt to the hair salon today - his needed cutting (it's been three months or so since his last trim, and it was getting into his eyes) and he was in the mood for a Mohawk. I was in the mood for him to have any dang haircut he wanted, because...why not??

I needed some maintenance on my color - this blue ain't natural, ya know? I love my blue hair. It's an extravagance, it requires slightly more effort than un-colored hair, and I love it. Blue hair and tattoos, that's me.

Only...you can't see the tattoos, because I am all about keeping them in the shirt zone until I run out of room there...and I won't run out of room any time soon, because I don't have anywhere near enough ink on me, yet. Is there such thing as enough??

Don't get the wrong idea - I only have a few...but I want more. More, more, more...

Ahem.

So we went to the salon today for the regular frolics. While we were waiting our turn, we looked at a magazine from the pile on the table. A fashion/hairstyling magazine. Bird found a photo of a red-haired woman in a crazy dress and even crazier heels, and he said something about her. I responded that I would never wear something like that or get my hair to look that way.

His reply? "That's OK, you don't have to change because I love you just the way you are."

Aww!

I told him that was a good thing, since I'm pretty set in my ways. And I hugged him...because I didn't teach him to say that...he came up with it all on his own.

How sweet is that???

4 comments:

Writer Dad said...

Sweeter than a bag of candy from the Quan.

chris said...

he came from a sweet factory that's why he is sweet.

MereCat said...

Children's honesty is so rewarding. You know they really mean it.

Kyddryn said...

Writer Dad - only better for my teeth!

Heh, Chris - thanks.

Merecat - yeah, he hasn't figured out how to make "I love you" into "I want...". I hope he never does.