Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Be Still, My Heart

I think I found a new secret crush. Oh, wait - I guess it isn't a secret f I tell you, Internet. Umm...you won't tell anyone else, will you?

I've been reading Metro Dad for a while because I think he's brilliant...but this piece takes the cake. He's my new hero. I know he's married with an adorable Peanut, and I am married and have the Evil Genius, but I think we could make it work. Umm...as long as "make it work" actually means "I won't stalk him or be all weird and maybe I'll get to keep reading his stuff". Yeah.

Anyway, I am a little busy trying to find my poor, ragged sanity among all the dust-critters under the bed (I think it crawled under there whimpering, moaning, and nursing its wounds a few nights ago) and my flashlight doesn't reach all the way to the middle so I may have to take the drastic measure of sending the Evil Genius under there armed with only an antique french fry and shielded with a petrified circle of something that was probably horrible when it happened but is now only vaguely brown and crunchy - with a handle of braided dental floss glued on to make it easier to carry....pant, pant...so go check out Metro Dad while I get myself sorted out.

Meanwhile (don't panic, T, I'm not asking for me) does anyone know a good divorce or family attorney in PA who will work pro bono to help a man get his kids back before his horrid ex drives the poor mites right over the edge with her hatred, evil, and combined psychosis and narcissism (and their daddy with them)?? Cheers!

1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

I look forward to checking him out.