Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Another dang meme, but it's NOT David's fault!

David is someone I would put in the category somewhere between acquaintance and friend, maybe closer to friend. I am fond of him, we chat from time-to-time, he works at the Borders that I haunt on Thursdays. I owe him for turning me on to several authors and series that I hadn't heard of. He always has a good suggestion when I need something besides a trashy romance or the usual sci-fi/fantasy fare. He was my very second MySpace friend, and the first one I actually knew on there. I just wanted to explain all that because of this post title.

See, David often sends me memes.

I have OCD. One of my little weird behaviors is...when I see a meme, I have to fill it out. The only exception seems to be if I've seen it before...then sometimes I can get away with ignoring it. I don't feel compelled to post them...but after putting all the thought and time into answering, I feel like someone else ought to suffer share my pain benefit from the silly things.

And, as I mentioned above, David sends them to me. Lots of them. Not so many recently, but they seem to come in spurts. I always blame him in the post title, because you have to give credit where credit is due. However, the one I am posting below actually came from another blog: http://foolery.typepad.com/foolery/ She came over here and had a read and was nice enough to comment, so I blog-hopped on over to check her out. Perhaps I'm a little stalkerish that way. I liked her stuff. You might, too. Go look, I'll wait.

See, isn't she fun? So I had the bad fortune to see this meme on her blog, and even though it wasn't sent to me, directed at me in any way, and an older post...doesn't matter. Hey, you try reasoning with the dang beast...I'm just going to fill out the meme and save time. I posted it on MySpace last night, without this rather long and somewhat pointless intro. Anyway, enjoy...or not. Whatever.

1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Ancient Evenings. It's also in the shower, at the bathroom sink, the kitchen sink, and in the guest bathroom.

2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? Ummm...no? Hellooo...winter!

3. What would you change about your living room? Latitude and longitude.

4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Clean.

5. What is in your fridge? About a million honeybell oranges. Mmm, honeybells...

6. White or wheat bread? Commercially baked, light wheat. Artisanal bread, multi-grain or white mountain.

7. What is on top of your refrigerator? Many dust creatures...I have an entire menagerie up there and am always breeding more for the collection. They live among the various stuff and nonsense that collects on top of refrigerators.

8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? It's a glass door. Bird's is the ugly one that came with the house. I am planning on getting him one that's the periodic table of elements. C'mon, how cool is that??

9. How many plants are in your home? Umm, fourish, that I know of.

10. Is your bed made right now? Heh...heh, heh, heh...heh...

11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Umm...neither? How about DOW Scrubbing Bubbles or a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? Or better yet, a housekeeper...

12. Is your closet organized? If you take it in parts, then yes. As a whole...not so much. One of us is OCD, the other isn't...so the OCD doesn't go in there unless she has to or her head will explode.

13. Can you describe your flashlight? Why, is it guilty of something?

14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic more at home? Garden hose.

15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No, I keep it in the bathtub like a civilized person.

16. If you have garage, is it cluttered? I can get my van into it, just. That's all I care about. If I cleaned it, where would all the feral dust critters live??

17. Curtains or blinds? Both or nothing, I don't much care. I like letting in the moonlight, but if I am blocking the sun I want all the help I can get.

18. How many pillows do you sleep with? One at a time...what kind of girl do you take me for??

19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? Not unless it's moonlight.

20. How often do you vacuum? Umm...I don't remember? Wait, every day...I mean, every day!! Twice a day!! Not buying it, are you?

21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard. I liked the electric ones, but my adamantine teeth apparently overwhelmed them and they broke.

22. What color is your toothbrush? Someone used brain cells to write this? It's blue and white.

23. Do you have welcome mat on your front porch? Yep. And one inside the door. But do people wipe their freakin' feet??

24. What is in your oven right now? Air and oven racks.

25. Is there anything under your bed? Unexplored lands, dark and mysterious. Also, lots of dust critters, and maybe a cat or two.

26. Chore you hate the most? Floors...windows...sex...oh, wait, that's not supposed to be a chore. (Kidding!!!)

27. What retro items are in your home? I have a really groovy lava-lamp, but I bought it in the nineties, so does that count as retro? The crockpot that mum had when I was a kid - she gave it to me when she got a new one, and I looove it. It's hideous. The old brown dishes from when I was a kid. I refuse to let go of them. They're beautiful, chunky, and survived me and my brother. They deserve a place of honor at the dishware hall-of-fame or something.

28. Do you have a separate room you use as an office? Well, I did, but I rented it to our roommate so now I use the kitchen table or a desk in the living room.

29. How many mirrors are in your home? I have no idea...I don't look in mirrors if I can help it, let along count them. At least three, because they put them in the bathroom whether you want them or not.

30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Nope, it's right out in the open where anyone can take it. If they can lift a jug of change that big. But then they may need it for a chiropractor. So it's best just left where it is.

31. What color are your walls? White. Boring old white. The white they were painted when the place was built. Except where I have scrubbed the hand prints (which, by the way, were NOT left by the kid) off, and then they're a little grey tinged with blue.

32. What does your home smell like right now? Triple chocolate chunk brownies with cherries and cinnamon in.

33. Favorite candle scent? Natural beeswax, unscented...they smell ever-so-faintly of honey.

34. What kind of pickles are in your refrigerator right now? Old ones...I can't remember when I last bought any, but I know they're lurking in there.

35. Ever been on your roof? I once stood on a pile of roofing shingles before they went on the house...does that count?

36. Do you own a stereo? Yes, and it's the same one I've had since dinosaurs roamed, despite the efforts of my menfolk to talk me into newer and (questionably) better things.

37. How many TVs do you have? Me, personally? One. The household? ugh...four.

38. How many phones? Too bloody many, really. Three upstairs and one down, not including cell phones.

39. Do you have a housekeeper? Yeah, she's called ME.

40. What style do you decorate in? Mostly Twentieth-Century tacky mixed with hand-me-down art-deco and timeless-comfortable.

41. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Mmm, denim.

42. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Two, and I even remember to change the batteries more than once a decade.

1 comment:

foolery said...

Hi Kyddryn!

Sorry you were ensnared in the meme thing from my blog, but you handled it nobly -- BEYOND nobly, actually -- it was FUNNY! Thanks for coming to my blog. Visitors are more than welcome.

Cheers,

Laurie