Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Monday, January 31, 2011

Let It Be Enough

Pregnancy is awash with hormones. Who knew??

Oh, wait...I knew...

Having a baby causes those hormones to go a litte...hmm...haywire.

Haywire hormones coupled with an already chemically unbalanced brain and a hefty dose of sleep deprivation can lead to...hmm...interesting times.

I couldn't watch the beginning of Up a few nights ago...I would have cried for a week.

That's how it goes.

Little things will set me off. Big things overwhelm me. Knowing that it's hormones and chemicals, that it isn't real, doesn't help a whit. When the baby cries and cries, it doesn't matter that I know it's gas or an excess of energy, that sometimes babies just...cry...

I know that it's not through personal fault that I can't completely breast feed my daughter.

I know that we are blessed to live in a time when baby formula is so advanced, it's practically been designed by NASA.

I know that I am (as always) doing my best.

Every day...many times a day...I pray. Please, Goddess, please...oh, please let it be enough.
~~~~~
And then, there's this:

2 comments:

Momlady said...

Close your eyes, take a deep breath and know that you are loved very much.

Magpie said...

Charming photo. And yes, it will be enough.