I'm tired (still not sleeping much or well), I've pulled a muscle in my neck (I prefer to think it's because I have been doing heavy lifting and cleaning in the house rather than that I may have pulled it playing Frisbee with the Evil Genius because how embarrassing would that be??) and I'm drawing a blank (938 posts in under 22 months means one is bound to run dry once in a while)...so...another meme! I have been sitting on this for a while, and now I can't recall where I found it, although it's likely I stole it from Sunday Stealing for just such an occasion.
1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration? A headache.
2. What is something that people are currently “into” that you just don’t get or appreciate? Nipple piercing. Seriously, I will let a stranger pierces my skin thousands of times with a bundle of inked needles for a tattoo...but nipple piercing? Not so much. Hurst just to think about it!
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel “ho-hum” about? Apostrophe abuse. Won't somebody please stop the horror?
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car? Whatever I'm currently writing/working on/polishing up for performance. Or whatever is playing in the moment. I love to sing, whatever the song.
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient: Me, eating it.
6. What advice in a nutshell would you give to new bloggers? Write with your own voice and give credit when you find fodder on another blog. Although how they'd read it if it was in a nutshell is beyond me. I'd have to write really small...
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you? There wasn't one. I used to wish they'd named me Katherine, but now I get too much fun out of my name to change it. If you know me and know my real name, you'll understand why - if not, trust me, it's hilarious.
8. What in your life are you waiting for? Waiting seems so passive - I'd rather be working toward a goal. That said, I AM waiting for Someone...waiting and hoping. I am also waiting to hear back from an agent (any agent) who thinks my writing is not only not crap, it may be worth representing. And waiting to win the lottery. Wonder which will happen first?
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from? A large bundle of cash from Bill Gates, because he loves my blog and doesn't want me distracted from writing it by such trifling things as bills and the need to feed my family.
10. Today–what song represents you? Hmm...I don't really know. I don't listen to much of today's music. Anyone have any suggestions?
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself? Everything is a story waiting to be told.
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you’re wearing today?What do they say about you in general or specifically how you’re feeling today? I put on whatever is on top of the stack in the drawer. My clothing is about being comfortable, plain and simple. It may convey my fondness for the color blue...