Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Smart Cookie

On Monday, after we were done with our costume shopping fun (I tried to talk Bird into the inflatable Sumo costume, because good grief), I realized I needed some...erm...personal items of clothing and Mum offered to stop at The Evil Empire to help me procure said items. Hey, someone has to keep the cotton-and-elastic concerns in business.

Yep, grannies - plain, white, and big enough to double as the sail on a Schooner if necessary. You're welcome.

After that side trip, Mum required Chinese food, stat, so we popped in to our favourite place in town, a restaurant we've been going to for almost twenty years.

Of course, we had fortune cookies at the end of our lunch. Bird's fortune said something about a good piece of advice coming from a child. Cute. Mum's was...umm...I don't recall, actually. Mine? Yeah, I remember mine...because it nearly split my face with a grin.

Someone is interested in you. Keep your eyes open.

Oh, he is, is he? Hmm...how did the cookie makers know Someone is interested? You think they know he's coming to pay a visit at the end of the month - two weeks from today, in fact? Hmm...I guess he really is interested. Can't buck the cookie.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Well good luck to you, those cookies gotta be right. lol.

Holly said...

I hope there are stories...I love stories...you know I do!

Kyddryn said...

Mizz Cinner, thanks...I choose to believe THIS cookie is right...

Mizz Holly, there are ALWAYS stories...and when I can tell them, I will do so with joy, especially knowing you're keen on hearing them.