I'm working at the track this weekend, long days in the communications tower with a very nice woman who smokes like an industrial chimney, so my mind and body are being taxed. I don't have it in me to write anything interesting or original, so...it's time for another meme.
1. Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the planet? Wouldn't that be flying? Or does flying mean they'd come back down eventually? And how would someone fall off, any way? Doesn't there have to be an edge or promontory or something, to fall from? Or, if one person can fall off, wouldn't we all, because wouldn't that mean cessation of gravity? In which case we'd all have one heck of a ride...
2. How do you flush the toilet in public? I don't use the toilet in public - I'm not an exhibitionist. However, I flush a public toilet carefully, just as I would at home, by using the handle, lever, or button provided on the apparatus. Sometimes they flush themselves...it's spooky...how do they know I'm done? Sometimes they flush before I'm ready...disconcerting, that...because I almost always have a wet bum and the feeling that the potty is trying to hurry me along...which leads to a host of thoughts about inanimate objects being alive, and if they had Karma, what did the toilet do to deserve its job?
3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Well, it matches my shoes so nicely...
4. Do you have a crush on someone? No. I find crushing people to be so messy. I love Someone, though...
5. Name one thing you worry about running out of. Time.
6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble? I don't think I look like anyone famous, but someone once told me I look like that actress in that show about the legal firm...I don't think it was LA Law...it was popular a few years ago...she's a big woman...aww, Hell...never mind...I don't look like anyone famous.
7. What is your favourite pizza topping? Pizza.
8.Do you crack your knuckles? Well...it would be rude to crack someone else's...
9. What song do you hate the most? Anything sung by that horrid purple dinosaur.
10. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head? Nope.
11. What are your super powers? Mom's kiss - it can make anything all better.
12. Peppermint or spearmint? Wintergreen.
13. Where are your car keys? On a key ring. I'd tell you where that is, but then maybe you'd come to Casa de Crazy and steal my van...
14. Last song you listened to? Karma Slave.
15. What's your most annoying habit? I don't have just one, and many of them are annoying to one degree or another.
16. Where did you last go on vacation? Houston Texas...yeehaw, y'all.
17. What is your best physical feature? I'm bendy.
18. What CD is closest to you right now? The Ragbirds, Wanderlove.
19. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator? Pickles, some sort of cheese, and fruit.
20. What superstition do you believe/practice? Hello, I'm a witch...
21. What colour are your bed sheets? Blue.
22. Would you rather be a fish or a bird? Phoenix.
23. Last thing you broke? The side-view mirror on my van.
24. What are you having to eat tonight? I don't know...something healthy, I hope, especially if I really want to be rid of the remaining forty acres of my ass.
25. What colour shirt are you wearing? Blue.
26. If you could be doing anything else today, what would you rather be doing? Umm...well...nothing I feel like sharing publicly...
27. Do security cameras make you nervous? Nope.
28. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be? Yawn.
29. Last time you went to a cemetery? Hmm...I think last fall in Clarkesville...
30. Last concert you went to? I'm guessing this means attended and not performed...and I think that would be the Aerosmith/Cheap Trick concert a few years back...unless the Ragbirds counts, although I performed at that same event, so I'm not sure...
31. Favourite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert? Sorry, can't name just one. Ragbirds, Kellianna, Sting, The Moody Blues, Bonnie Raitt...
32. Next concert you're planning to attend? No plans just now...unless performing counts, and then I am hoping there's one next spring...
33. Do you talk to yourself? Often. Sometimes it's the only somewhat adult conversation I have for days...
34. Have you ever adopted or purchased a pet? No. They adopt me.
35. Have you ever been present when an animal is being born? I'll go one better - I've reached inside the mum and pulled the baby out when it was stuck. Two words: texture fiesta.
Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!
"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One
For old quotes, look here.
For old quotes, look here.