Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thoughtfetti

Someone asked me how I was doing, yesterday.

I answered "Up and down - I feel like a yo-yo".

That about sums it up.
~~~~~
It's not that I don't like the holidays - I just don't like what they bring out in people. Impatience, anxiety, anger, resentment, distress...what the heck happened to peace on earth and loving your neighbor and all that crap??
~~~~~
Got the cards done. Finally. Three weeks later than usual. I am movin' slow, right now, dragging in body, mind, and spirit. Put entirely the wrong name on one (sorry, Mister Hermit, sir...it in no way signifies a lack of respect for you on my part, truly). May have put the wrong address on another. Oops. Guess I'll find out...
~~~~~
I don't sleep for shit right now. I wish I could sleep suspended in a vat of water or something...I bet that'd feel nice.
~~~~~
Going to a birthday party today...bunch of little kids hopped up on cake. If that doesn't put a danged smile on my face, then we'll know I really do have a cold, hard stone where my heart;s supposed to be.
~~~~~
What're you doing this weekend?

1 comment:

Susan said...

We're going to have our Christmas with the CUHRAAZZZZYY sister in law today. Did I mention she's CCCCUUUHHHHRRRAAAAAZZZZYYYYY?