Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Swanniversary!

Holy carp, I almost let it slip on past without saying anything.

Huh...some not-a-wife I am.

Today marks the one year anniversary of Someone's moving into Casa de Crazy!

He arrived at 5 in the morning on December 18, cold, tired, and ready to crawl into a warm nest after a long haul. That was one early morning call I did not mind getting - "Let me in!"

Yes, Sir.

We could celebrate any number of dates - the date we first read each other's blogs, the date we first commented, the date we first e-mailed, the date we first spoke online, the date we first spoke on the phone, the date we (finally) first met...but this? This is the date Swan came Home, and so will always be special to me.

Sir...I have not one regret. I am not, and will never be, sorry you took the chance, packed up all your worldly belongings, and drove a third of the way across the country from Texas to Redneck Central. I count myself blessed beyond measure that you love me, too, and that we can share this journey called "life" together.

I loved you yesterday, I love you today, and I will love you tomorrow.

Happy Swanniversary!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Swangratulations! Okay, that was just stupid. But really, congrats to the two of you. I can't believe it's been a year!!