Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

This Must Be the Dark Side

"Come to the Dark Side...we have cookies..."

Hmm.

Guess where Casa de Crazy is, then?

Cookie swap on Saturday means there's a whole lot o' bakin' goin' on!

Yesterday was a grocery run, then a second trip to the store after I discovered I'd forgotten to pick up my medication. I would have waited, but I was entirely out and have to take it in the evening. Sigh.

In between town runs, I made White Trash Cookies. The funny thing is, I'm not actually taking any of those to the swap, but they keep well so it makes sense to do them first. Today is Leftover Cookies, and tomorrow it'll be Snickerdoodles. Both of those go to the swap. Then on Sunday I'm baking...never mind, I ain't sayin'..don't want to spoil the surprise. Sometime before the year's out, I might even remember to post a couple of recipes...

Thirteen days until Yule. Whew.

The baking improves my mood some, which I'm sure is a relief to Someone and the Evil genius - depressed me is just no fun. I'm still stressing about bills and my distinct lack of lottery winnings, but what can I do? Got nothin' worth selling (sent the last of the jewelry with Mum to see if her local auction house thought it would fetch anything) and got no one to borrow from (couldn't pay 'em back, anyway). Oh well.

So...what's your favorite holiday cookie? If you're not into sweets, what's your favorite savory?

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

My favorite is...COOKIES! Any kind, anywhere...as long as I get some of them!

If I had to pick just one, it would be peanut butter with NO nuts! Don't want nuts in anything I eat, but nuts are good by themselves!

Guess I might be related to the cookie monster!