Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thoughtfetti

I'm watching The History of Sex on The History Chanel. Huh. Funny how something so basic, so primal, has stirred up so much trouble throughout history.
~~~~~
Ten years ago today I was married. Now I'm divorced and carrying my love's baby. While it isn't without its stresses, and while it isn't how I saw myself living my life when I daydreamed about my future as a child, I'm happy in ways I never knew I could be.
~~~~~
I miss Someone somethin' fierce.
~~~~~
The truck is fixed, thanks to some kind people, a shade-tree mechanic, and a few phone calls burning up the airwaves. It was, it seems, the alternator; at well over 200,000 miles and fifteen years of age, I guess it's reasonable that it finally gave up the ghost.
~~~~~
It's difficult to focus on what I'm doing when Rook is mewling piteously in my ear, crying out for a boy kitty to love her. Poor baby, she doesn't know what she wants, only that she is desperate for something...she keeps walking across my lap or stomach, licking my hands or feet, snuggling up, begging for mama to make it better. The boy kitties outside are either too young to care or terribly frustrated by our glass doors.
~~~~~
What's goin' on in your corner of the Blue Nowhere?

3 comments:

Pearl said...

The temperature keeps dropping over here. I'm against it. :-)

I've not seen the History of Sex yet, but I'm willing to bet it (sex) is at the root of almost everything human beings do...

Pearl

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

i luv pearl...
'root' of all... heh heh!!!

Kyddryn said...

Mizz Pearl, welcome! Some day I will lull you to sleep with my theory about how we are driven entirely by Biological Imperitive. Meanwhile...root...heh...

Silly Swan...great minds...