Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Monday, January 5, 2009

The Tipping Point

Friday, T and Bird were wrestling on one of the big, horrible chairs. There were lots of giggles and gales of laughter, until this happened:

They found the tipping point for a big, horrible chair. It was slow, inexorable, the backwards tilt accelerating into a THUD!

Then there was a moment of silence before we all dissolved into a fit of hilarity. Eventually, I did put down my camera and help T get up...but not until after I swept up the mess that was under the chair before it tipped.



No chairs were injured in the filming of this episode. Dang.

6 comments:

Charlie Hills said...

Oh well. Maybe next time some chairs will get harmed.

Susan said...

At least T. didn't get a head injury! I'm with Charlie, next time maybe a chair will suffer...

MereCat said...

OK the funniest part of this is that you did some sort of"Wait, wait! Hold it right there! I gotta get a broom!" Hilarious!!!!!

Kyddryn said...

Charlie, hope springs eternal.

Susan, you can't injure granite. ;-)

MereCat, but I know you feel me - wouldn't you have done the same? Camera in one hand, broom in the other, muttering "I am SO blogging this!!"

Kit said...

Tee hee hee! I can just see it. :) I bet that was a good laugh for all of you. At least the big, horrible chair has lots of big, cushy padding to make it a soft landing!

Kyddryn said...

True, Kit...but I don't think padding would have been an issue...