Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Life According to Meme

I found this over at Susan's and figured, what the hey - I haven't memed in a hiwle and I'm feeling a little low on creativity today...sigh.
~~~~~
Items in bold are what I've done. If you want to tag yourself, just cut and paste and bold the things you've done. Parenthetical items are my two-cents, because you know I can't leave well enough alone!

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars (I adore camping, campfires
3. Played in a band (well, I've sung...does that count?)
4. Visited Hawaii (Oh, I'd love to...are you offering?)
5. Watched a meteor shower (Many times - aren't they lovely?)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world (When I was a kid...I'd lik to go back. Anyone want to sponsor a trip?)
8. Climbed a mountain (Several, in fact, although none recently)
9. Held a praying mantis (They're really cool)
10. Sang a solo (I AM in a band...)
11. Bungee jumped (No way, no how.)
12. Visited Paris (Miserable trip, but I would go beck on MY terms)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (And been in the middle of one, too)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (Several...although some better than others)
15. Adopted a child (I've thought about it...but not yet...)
16. Had food poisoning (Oh, groan, ugh...)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (Never even been...)
18. Grown your own vegetables (They were delightful)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (I wanted to...)
20. Slept on an overnight train (It wasn't supposed to be an overnight, and I slept in my seat...but it was fun and I'd do it again)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked (It wasn't all that dangerous given the place and time I hitched)
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill (Several times...and I never felt bad about it...hmm...)
24. Built a snow fort (Oh, it was an awesome one, too!)
25. Held a lamb (And not because it was a chop, either!)
26. Gone skinny dipping (Oh, yes...and I will again, too...just as soon as I don't think I'll frighten the fish)
27. Run a marathon (No, but I took bronze in the school olympics for sprinting and the relay)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (I've never been...maybe one day...)
29. Seen a total eclipse (Awesome)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (On the beach, on a mountain, at the track, in my living room...I wonder where the next one will be...)
31. Hit a home run (Well, on the wii, but I didn't think that counted)
32. Been on a cruise (Several, and I'd love to go on more...especially Alaska. Anyone want to sponsor??)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language (Well, if Sign-Language counts)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (Because really? It isn't about money...so there's never enough...or always enough...)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke (Never again unless plied with many, many drinks)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (Better than therapy)
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted/drawn (As long as a caricature counts)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
50. There was no fifty! Quick, alert the media...contact the milk-carton people...we need a fifty! Or, you know...two twenties and a ten...
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie (But my Mum was)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (I wish I'd never stopped...)
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies ('though not as a Girl Scout - I pimp them fro friend's kids)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason (Mostly because I wanted them and so I bought them)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check (Way more often than I like)
68. Flown in a helicopter (I was maybe six and remember very little besdies the life jackets and the high window)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar (Eww, ick, nasty...you can have my share)
72. Pieced a quilt (Several...with more in the future)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone (Several...not as awful as you'd think)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book (But I'm working on this one)
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car (I wish...)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (I was six, it was form out school play...)
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (But now Publix does it for me...)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury (Not for lack of effort...)
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day (Sometimes more than one)

Looks like I have some things to look forward to, huh?

2 comments:

foolery said...

You've led a rich, full life already. I think the ones we've done more than once should count for each time, don't you? If we're keeping score, I mean.

Kyddryn said...

For some reason this reminded me of The Bucket List - only without the death and stuff - a neat list of things to look forward to.