Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hanging Myself

But first - those of you currently living under the onslaught of snow, ice, and general Winter weather follies, I hope you're snug, warm, fed, and safe!

OK, on with the show.

I'm spending the day at the gallery, hanging myself.

Well...hanging my pictures, anyway. The show opens Sunday, and between now and then I will finish mounting the extra prints for sale, printing the stories that go with the pictures, and probably pulling my hair out because I will stress over every detail, even as I let go of my need for perfection and control.

Realistically, I can't expect to sell everything, or even anything- it's a small gallery in a remote (albeit lovely) location..but I can hope.

Meanwhile, I had an idea...a narcissistic idea, to be sure...but an idea nonetheless.

I have been blathering about this show for a month, and it seems unfair that I don't inflict on you you don't get to see it...so what if I put it here, too? I'm thinking that maybe I'll "hang" different photos or groupings and their descriptions here as blog posts. They won't be mounted, matted or framed (unless I figure out how to do that electronically in the next few days...don't hold your breath), but it'd be better than nothing...or would it? I could also post photos of the pieces my friends have done - K's paintings and S's sculptures, which are all awesome.

What do you think? Are you interested?

4 comments:

Magpie said...

Do show your stuff.

RachelW said...

Pictures! I Want Pictures!

Kit said...

Absolutely! I think that's a great idea.

Kyddryn said...

Okie dokie, a virtual art show it is! Cheers, y'all!