Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oooh, Ahhhh, Ouch!

Our roommate gave me a gift certificate for Xmas...for a massage. Thoughtful chap, and smart enough to know he should listen when I answer his query about what makes a good gift.

I went yesterday - the timing couldn't have been better. I'm stressing about finances, stressing about having a go at showing my art, and stressing about getting the illustrations done for my trio of children's stories so I can try and get the dad-blasted thing published, which is another stress...ugh, letting people read and judge...bleh!

So a massage is just the thing.

I forgot about how wonderful and ouchie massages can be. I'm wincing even as I type this - no kidding, as relaxed and marvelous as I still feel, I hurt all the way to my fingertips. It's a good hurt, but still...

I wonder if I can score another one for my birthday...

6 comments:

Tara said...

"I forgot about how wonderful and ouchie massages can be" - what a wonderful turn of phrase!

I had a sports massage for my birthday and by gum did it hurt. There were times and I wanted to just turn to the girl and whimper, but in the end I felt fantastic.

No gain without pain, I guess!

chris said...

That's what I need right now.

Mrs. G. said...

I have been known to cook beans twice in one week to budget money for a massage. Heaven!

biz319 said...

I wish I loved massages, but once they start really doing the massage, I start laughing uncontrollably - I am that ticklish!

Found your site from my brother Charlie's site!

Kyddryn said...

Tara, Thanks! I am such a brick - it didn't hurt while he was working, even when he got to my sacral area (injured a decade ago, long story). It's only today that I feel like I was run through wringer...but totally worth it.

Chris, if you didn't live a continent away, I'd give you a referral...but maybe you could lie down on the floor and get one of the kids to walk all over your back. :-)

Mrs. G, I don't know if this household could survive beans twice in a week - or at least the after-effects of them.

Mizz Biz, welcome! I dig Charlie and his site - he cracks me up! I'm sorry for ya, sugar...massages are a wonderful way to relax, improve circulation, heal injury, and feel good. I'm not ticklish (a fact that my son thinks is unfair, because he is), so it's not an issue...but I do wonder how ticklish people cope...

Magpie said...

God I love a massage. And yes, afterwards it's got that "hurts so good" aspect...