Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oooh, Ahhhh, Ouch!

Our roommate gave me a gift certificate for Xmas...for a massage. Thoughtful chap, and smart enough to know he should listen when I answer his query about what makes a good gift.

I went yesterday - the timing couldn't have been better. I'm stressing about finances, stressing about having a go at showing my art, and stressing about getting the illustrations done for my trio of children's stories so I can try and get the dad-blasted thing published, which is another stress...ugh, letting people read and judge...bleh!

So a massage is just the thing.

I forgot about how wonderful and ouchie massages can be. I'm wincing even as I type this - no kidding, as relaxed and marvelous as I still feel, I hurt all the way to my fingertips. It's a good hurt, but still...

I wonder if I can score another one for my birthday...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I forgot about how wonderful and ouchie massages can be" - what a wonderful turn of phrase!

I had a sports massage for my birthday and by gum did it hurt. There were times and I wanted to just turn to the girl and whimper, but in the end I felt fantastic.

No gain without pain, I guess!

Anonymous said...

That's what I need right now.

Mrs. G. said...

I have been known to cook beans twice in one week to budget money for a massage. Heaven!

Anonymous said...

I wish I loved massages, but once they start really doing the massage, I start laughing uncontrollably - I am that ticklish!

Found your site from my brother Charlie's site!

Kyddryn said...

Tara, Thanks! I am such a brick - it didn't hurt while he was working, even when he got to my sacral area (injured a decade ago, long story). It's only today that I feel like I was run through wringer...but totally worth it.

Chris, if you didn't live a continent away, I'd give you a referral...but maybe you could lie down on the floor and get one of the kids to walk all over your back. :-)

Mrs. G, I don't know if this household could survive beans twice in a week - or at least the after-effects of them.

Mizz Biz, welcome! I dig Charlie and his site - he cracks me up! I'm sorry for ya, sugar...massages are a wonderful way to relax, improve circulation, heal injury, and feel good. I'm not ticklish (a fact that my son thinks is unfair, because he is), so it's not an issue...but I do wonder how ticklish people cope...

Magpie said...

God I love a massage. And yes, afterwards it's got that "hurts so good" aspect...