Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Thoughtfetti

Gah! I cleaned the shower drain today. Did you know shower drains have removable drain plates? I've lived here at Casa de Crazy for what, twelve years? I didn't know that... Anyway, I have long hair. Long hair, apparently, clog drains. Huh. So I noticed these two tiny screws and thought to myself "Self, if we remove these screws, I bet we could get that drain a lot cleaner than we are with these tweezers." Don't ask. Screws removed, I used pliers to reach down the drain. What? You think I'm sticking body parts down there?? I removed something roughly the size and shape of a ferret. Joy.
~~~~~
Today I was explaining what addiction is to the Evil Genius. Good grief, that's a hell of a concept to boil down to nine-year-old understanding. We finally concluded that addiction is when one's mind or body believes that it needs something in order to function when, in fact, that something is not only NOT needed to live, it is contrary to sustaining life.
~~~~~
Sprout outgrew her old car seat. Mum got her a new one. The new seat is huge! It bears more than a passing resemblance to a NASA launch seat
~~~~~
Crab legs are on sale at the market. Even on sale they're an extravagance. Do I dare?
~~~~~
I shucked corn for dinner tonight, and it brought me back to my childhood - we would shuck corn out behind the kitchen and feed the husks to the horses. They loved 'em. I miss Cole Walker's sweet corn...
~~~~~
I am supposed to take medication daily...twice a day, in fact. It's not that difficult a concept - take one pill in the morning and one in the evening, and hey-presto! Slightly better health! So why is it that as often as not I miss one or both pill-takings?
~~~~~
With Someone out of town, I have had the whole bed to myself. I get to wallow over half and acre (Queen sized bed) with impunity. With only one occupant, that bed is enormous. Fun as hogging the covers is, I will be very happy when he's home.
~~~~~
I adore listening to my children at play. Sprout is laughing like a maniac right now. It's beautiful
~~~~~
If wool comes from sheep, does steel wool come from really tough sheep?

And why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

No comments: