Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

What She Sees

Little girl with the far-away eyes what do you see?

When you stare off into the distance looking right through me with those far-away eyes what do you see?

Blue like Papa's, dark denim. Blue like Mama's, touch of steel. What are you looking at so far away?

Are you looking back at past lives, remembering before you begin to forget?

Are you looking forward to future selves, wondering at who you'll be?

What do you see, little girl with the far-away eyes, in the murky grey, indistinct world of baby-sight?

Would you tell me, if you could?

3 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Beautiful.

I can almost see her, looking...

Unknown said...

beautiful and you damn near choked me up on that one :)

OK
you did...

Kyddryn said...

Mizz Janie, I love seeing her gaze at her Papa, or when she looks so intently at me...there's something special about a baby's stare.

Mizz Rene, I'm not even a little sorry. :-)