Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Coalesced

Sometimes I feel disconnected from the world, from my life.

Whole days can pass, and I don't really feel as though I belong in my world...like somehow, my mind was transposed with someone else's, and they must be feeling the same way wherever I should be, confused, lost, wandering aimlessly from room to room, task to task, wondering how they got there.

Sometimes, I feel as though I have been shattered, a fragile glass bubble exploded outward into dust, adrift in space and time.

And then he touches me, a simple caress, a hand to my face, back, or arm, and I am collected, brought back to myself, un-shattered...I am where I belong once more, coalesced.

2 comments:

Joy said...

This is beautiful. Thank you.

Kyddryn said...

Thanks, Joy, and thank you for stopping by!