Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hittin' the Road

Here's hoping the road doesn't hit back!

Someone and I are off to the Southernmost portions of Georgia, leaving the Evil Genius behind with Mum (poor Mum, she's going to need a week to recover from four days with the child) to frolic and play while we sweat, groan, and...umm...hey, get your mind out of the gutter!!...set up a booth to vend clothing for a friend of mine. We're going to a nice little place called Hidden River for the weekend. I've been sewing and sewing, and slacking and slacking, and I hope I bring home empty bins and a fat cash box for my friend - she's a terrific lady who deserves a little success. Alas, I fear I'm not the person to garner that for her, but I'll try my dangdest.

Meanwhile, I am sick as a dog because the trees insist on sending out pollen in the spring - unreasonable, if you ask me - and I have allergies that come and go and generally wait until it's least convenient to strike. Bleh.

We'll be camping, and I'm hoping the mosquitoes haven't hatched out yet, but even if they have I shan't let them spoil our fun...and, work aside, it should be fun.

There's no Internet there and I haven't pre-posted anything, but I'm sure you'll manage to have a good weekend without me. I, however, shall suffer terribly without you, dear Internet. See you Monday!

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

Enjoy and be careful, my friend!

Hope you have a great time!