Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Fifty Cents Was Never Better Spent

We've had financial difficulties, as I may have mentioned. As such, there isn't any wiggle room in the budget. Every cent is accounted for and spent almost (and sometimes) before we have it.

On Saturday, T brought us a bit of cash, bless him. I know it's in short supply for him, too, so I don't like to be bitchy (although I've been told I need to be bitchy...but tell water to be dry and see if you get a better result) about it.

It couldn't have come at a better time - we were in dire need of a few items, so while the Evil Genius ran wild in the neighborhood, Someone and I snagged Sprout and headed for the Evil Empire. We were really good, eschewing anything not on our list...until Someone walked down one isle looking for...something...and found the balls.

He handed one to Sprout, and she smiled. Huge smile. Then he found a green ball. I looked at the price. Fifty cents. I decided that it wouldn't break the budget.

Holy carp, you have never seen a smile like Sprout's when she is playing with it. It's her ball, man, her ball! So I figure it's okay that we went off budget. Honestly, it's the best fifty cents we've ever spent.