Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Thoughtfetti

I spent the weekend working communications at the track. It's fun, but the headset gave me a headache yesterday and today.
~~~~~
Someone did yeoman's duty this weekend - he looked after the Evil Genius, which deserves a medal of some sort.
~~~~~
Someone also cooked a fabulous dinner last night - homegrown cabbage leaves stuffed with sausage, homegrown baby zucchini, homegrown onions, a few tomatoes and some cheese. Spoiled, me.
~~~~~
We've been eating a bit from the garden, and I am enjoying it. The Evil Genius has even devoured more than a few raw peas and green beans. He ate our first cucumber a few days ago. Cool.
~~~~~
Lots to do in the next few weeks, and it's a little overwhelming to think about - we have to get ready for our Ohio trip. I don't feel at all prepared.
~~~~~
Lately I'm tired a lot. I don't like it. I have started stretching again, limbering up...soon, I will walk, and then perhaps run. If you feel the ground trembling, sorry 'bout that.

1 comment:

Not The Rockefellers said...

Love catchin' up with you!
I'm missing your "worn slap out" :)

I used to wear a headset at one of my jobs..it made me look like a rockstar but it used to give me throbbing headaches...I don't miss it.

Awwww..Someone sure is spoiling you
and that's pretty great :)

Peace ~ Rene