Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Semi Homegrown Dinner

Since we got home so late on Sunday, Monday was a day to rest, unpack a bit, and recover. Whew. I didn't make it to the grocery store, though, so dinner was something of an improv.

It started when a silly Swan was both unloading the van and gleaning from the garden. Like the hat? It's mine, but dang it, I think it looks better on him!

We had a goodly pile of green beans, a zuke, some cukes,

and some little green peppers.

I thought the peppers would be neat stuffed with something...so I cleaned 'em out...

...and stuffed 'em with frozen meatballs.

Then I chopped up the zuke and some green beans, added a few more meatballs...

...and covered the lot with marinara sauce from a jar (forgive me Angelo, for I have sinned...but dang, it's good sauce).

I baked it at 350 for a while, then remembered that I have a couple of string cheese things lying around, so I chopped those up and added 'em into the mix...
...along with some Parmesan, because there's no such thing as too much cheese. Just ask your cardiologist.
It baked a little while longer, then I threw some freezer-section garlic bread in the oven to go with it.
Yummy.

2 comments:

darsden said...

Oh My Gosh.. I am so stealing this receipe...LOL Looks wonderful and my favorites, bell peppers and a lemon cucumber up there...Yum I am on my way for leftovers :-) the veggies just are 10 times better than what you can buy!!!

darsden said...

oops sorry Welcome Home and I love the hat