1. What is your occupation right now ?
I'm not employed traditionally. I'm a writer, musician, photographer, and a Mum. I don't get paid much of anything for the first three, but the last one comes with all the hugs I can handle.
2. What colour are your socks right now?
Socks? What socks? If I was wearing some, they'd likely be the mismatched blue, recycled cotton ones...or the stripey, fuzzy blue ones. But, no socks.
3. What are you listening to right now?
The Evil Genius making a soundtrack for the incomprehensible game he's playing on the living room floor, and the thoughts thundering around inside my head.
4. Last thing you ate?
A cheese and crockpot-roast quesadilla.
5. Can you drive a manual car?
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
I'm right fond of her.
8. How old are you today?
Old, old, old...years beyond counting and worn down by time. Or 37. Take your pick.
9. What is your favourite sport to watch on TV?
Hockey, at the moment.
10. What is your favourite drink?
11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
12. Favourite food?
As an Aquarius, I reserve the right not to choose a favorite. We're like that.
13. What is the last movie you watched?
Backdraft, here at home with Someone.
14. Favourite day of the year?
Again with the whole Aquarius thing...although I like the idea of "today" being my favorite.
15. How do you vent anger?
Depends - sometimes I get quiet and internalize it, process it, get over it...and sometimes I bitch and moan and get loud...and sometimes I write it out...and sometimes I cry. Whatever suits in the moment.
16. What was your favourite toy as a child?
17. What is your favourite season?
Autumn, when Summer bows his head and asks Nature for one last dance in her crimson finery, the air is crisp and clean, and I can go outside without worrying about boob sweat.
18. Cherries or Blueberries?
Both, thank you.
19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?
It would be nice, but I won't be crushed if they don't. I don't like manipulative questions like this.
20. Who is the most likely to respond?
21. Who is least likely to respond?
22. Living arrangements?
A little crowded, a little messy, a little chaotic, a lot of love.
23. When was the last time you cried?
A little while ago.
24. What is on the floor of your closet?
Floor...and some shoes...and a whole herd of fuzzy animal slippers.
25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to?
Technically Mum, since I've known her my whole life and we're friends...but for the not-related-by-blood type, K.
26. What did you do last night ?
Watched hockey, watched Someone and the Evil Genius play chess, laughed, cried, contemplated my mortality and came out the other side of a particularly dark patch roughly intact. And then I saved the world from certain destruction. So...more of the same, really.
27. What are you most afraid of
Failing my child.
28. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
Cheese all the way, sometimes with avocado on because my fat cells get lonely and want more neighbors.
29. Favourite dog breed?
30. Favourite day of the week?
What day is it?
31. How many states have you lived in?
Excluding confusion, misery, disarray and panic? Six.
32. Diamonds or pearls?
33. What is your favourite flower?
I love the morning glories that bloom deep blue on the front porch - how they greet the day with trumpet blasts of color and determination to reach ever higher; and I adore the sunflowers that turn their heads to follow Papa sun through the day, grinning at him and blazing back with all their joy; and the deep velvet richness of the blue, purple, and black Iris in the front bed that invite errant fingers to stroke their soft petals...so...no favorite. I'll love them all, thank you.