Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sucks to Be Meme

So my post "Leave it to Meme" was ganked by these folks - cool!

And...erm...aww, crap! The OCD Memer stumbled upon a meme site. Help! I may never sleep again...

I managed to get away without reading more than one other meme...but I know the site is there...teasing...waiting...singing its siren song...

The Heretic Meme
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Who was the last person of the opposite sex you lay in a bed with?
Hmm...the answer that most directly answers the wording of this question is...my son. He cuddles with me in the morning. The answer I think they may be fishing for is...well...I can't post that name because I don't kiss and tell and I respect his privacy. He knows who he is...poor devil.

2. Where was the last place you went out to eat?
A burger joint in Houston called "Princes", best restaurant burger I've had in ages. Although...now that I think about it...we didn't actually eat there. So maybe it was that little Italian place...hmm...

3. What was the last alcoholic beverage you consumed?
Chardonnay mixed with cranberry-pomegranate juice over ice, last Friday evening.

4. Which do you prefer - eyes or lips?
For eating? Hmm... OK, OK, I know...and it depends on what I'm looking for or doing. I like eyes for expression, for giving insight into what a person is thinking or feeling. Lips, however, are lovely for kissing...and I do like kissing...

5. Medicine, fine arts, or law?
If it's what I'm better at...I'd say Arts...although I'm pretty fair with Law, too, and fairly well educated in matters medical. If it's what I think is more useful, noble, the better pursuit...hmm...they're about equal in my esteem.

6. Best kind of pizza?
The kind someone else pays for.

7. What is in store for your future?
OK, so the smartass in me says "Whatever groceries I need at the time." Yeah, yeah. I could say "love" and throw the few readers I haven't alienated yet into a sugar coma.. Or I could give my standard answer - I'll know when I get there...

8. Who was the last band you saw live?
The Ragbirds.

9. Do you take care of your friends while they are sick?
If they want or need me to, yes. I always offer, anyway.

10. How many songs are on your iPod?
I dunno...a couple of thousand?

11. Where is the last place you drove to?
Long distance? Houston. Most recent/short distance? B's house to frolic in the pool with the Evil Genius, B, and her husband.

12. Where did your last kiss take place?
On my lips. No, I'm not actually trying to be sarcastic, but again - I am looking after someone else's privacy. No, I'm not trying to be dramatic...just courteous. Sorry if that irks you. Heck...I bet you haven't even read this far. I bet I could say "I have three heads!" or "I just won the lottery and am moving to a pink house on Grand Cayman where cabana boys will feed me peeled grapes on demand!" right here and no one would know...

13. What were you doing at 11:59 PM on Monday night?
Probably talking on the phone to the answer to numbers 1 and 12.

14. Are you a quitter?
Depends - if it means quitting something unhealthy, then yes...yes I am. Otherwise, I will give every endeavour my best shot. If it fails, I may or may not try again...

15. Who was the last person you had in your house?
Techinically, me, since I'm always in my house...except when I'm not.

15. What do you think about people who party a lot?
Umm...they lose count on the memes they're writing and misnumber them, then publish without proofing?

16. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
Nope. Why, is there something you haven't yet learned form the Internet?

17. What was the last CD you purchased?
The Ragbirds, Wanderlove.

18. What are two bands or singers that you will always love?
Besides my own band and its members? Kelliana and the Ragbirds, off the top of my head. They're not the only ones, but I don't have favorites - they're the first ones who sprang to mind.

19. Which of the seven deadly sins are you guilty of?
I don't have sins - I'm pagan. As long as I'm not hurting anyone, it's all good.

20. How is your last ex doing?
He's alive and in one piece...isn't that enough? Seriously, my last (and, oddly enough, also my first) ex is doing fine.

4 comments:

Momlady said...

Love the picture of your eyes...yes I know they are yours. The mom in me says stop staying up so late...

Aunt Becky said...

Dude. you know I normally hate meme's, but this one rules.

Unknown said...

#4 eyes lead to the lips, gotta have 'em both
#5 fine arts wouldn't have been created without **ahem** medicine
lawyers can't be tolerated without medicine.
#6 tomato and basil w/ mozzarella in a brick oven...muah
#7 What's in store? Big changes..'nuff said
#12 Oooh, girl..you are wicked, a good kind of wicked. Peel me a grape, Sergio..
#13 good..kind..of..wicked...
#14 As for me, you need to be a starter to be a quitter :)
#16 Shhh...less talk, more rock...
it'sssssss onnnnnnnnn....like donkey kong.
#20 shall we dig him up and ask him? Nawwww...kidding, as far as you know...

Fun !
Peace - Rene

Kyddryn said...

Hey, Mum...I would if I could...can't help not able to sleep...but last night I was in bed just after 2 and slept until 9, so yay for me!!

Aunt Becky, you are the reason I started saying "dude" again...I just want everyone to know who's to blame! Yeah, it's not that I LIE them, it's that I can't help DOING them...but I only post the ones I think are interesting.

Mizz Rene- you're awesome. I like your number six...but I also like one that's got pepperoni, Italian sausage, green peppers, onions, and black olives...and I also like them with....see why I can't pisk??

Can't wait to see your number seven...

As for number twelve...I plan to have a private plane (complete with devastatingly handsome pilot) and plenty of guest space as well, so you're welcome to come and stay.

Number thirteen? Can't help it...don't want to help it...not going to help it...heh...

Fourteen...I bet you start plenty...heh...

Sixteen - that's what I'm talkin' about!!

Twenty...oooh, girl...I know the best places to hide bodies...comes from being a writer of quasi-mysteries...one has to be inventive!