Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, July 17, 2009

More Garden Center

After leaving the Pagoda behind, ,we wandered in a small side garden before heading for the main area. There were several planting beds with lovely blooms in every color. I don't know the names of most of the flowers, so I won't even try...

These little blue flowers looked so cool and sweet - they gave no indication that the heat was fierce, the sun blazing overhead.

I love the intense color at the center of this flower. It made me think of feeling deeply, of how one may look calm on the surface and have a deep, rich heart.The shape of the unopened blossom, the way the petals ruffle and curve, I wonder who she is flirting so coyly with, giving just a peak of her gorgeous depths...This one looks like it has feathers in the center.This one looks like it's shouting for attention...look at me, look at me...so festive and happy. It puts me in mind of party favors...More tomorrow...and probably through the weekend...I really did take quite a few pictures...

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

You did good on the pictures, K!

I like 'em!

Kyddryn said...

Thank you, Mister Hermit, sir...it's easy to take a good photo when the subjects cooperate so nicely!

Susan said...

Gorgeous pictures. Fantastic descriptions!!