Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, August 22, 2016

BFD

Most of the time, I like to cook.  Especially baking.

I like the way my house smells when I'm baking, and I like to give baked goods to people and watch them smile and enjoy some home made goodness.

Even when I don't especially feel like eating, I like to cook.  It's one of the ways I show love, cooking for and feeding people.

Sometimes, though, I just don't have it in me.  It's not that I stop loving my family and friends and complete strangers, it's that I can't reach that love from the beige place where my psyche occasionally dumps my ass.

Whatever my feelings about food are, my kids have this unreasonable desire to eat.  More than once a day, even.

I know!

Anyway, on nights when I'm feeling particularly lay or off, I make breakfast for dinner.  The kids want that to mean waffles or bagel, and I oblige.  Tonight, I decided that for me it meant making a little more effort and having eggs and home fries.  My kids didn't want any, because they're apparently philistines.


It'll do.

Do you ever eat breakfast for dinner?  If so, what's your favorite?

No comments: