Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Beggar At the Feast

Not every hunger is physical.

Not every hunger can be answered with a meal.

Sometimes it takes far more.

There is an emptiness that can't be filled by eating, or drinking, or physically consuming anything, but fill it we must or find ourselves starving to death.

Goddess knows I've felt this deep hunger.  I've made mistakes in trying to ease it.  I've compromised because I thought I had to, thought that the only way I'd find a place at the table would be to give up something of myself.

To hell with that.

I'll find satiety on my own terms.

1 comment:

noexcuses said...

I loved this post! What a great reminder to all of us who compromise because we thought we had to in order to be accepted. There are many alternatives to fill the emptiness, the hunger and the wants. We just need to find what works best for us. Thank you!