Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ten Days

Someone is away visiting a friend and attending a Heathen Moot, so for the next ten days I am solo Mama.  I have plans for those ten days...we'll see if I manage to follow through.

What plans?

Well...I'd like to say I'll be losing eighty pounds, winning the lottery, and curing cancer, but...no...

Today I got a little sewing done, then took the kids to a place where they could jump, bounce, slide, run, and generally exhaust themselves have a blast.  We met friends there, and then went out to dinner en masse to a local joint that lets kids eat free on Tuesday night.

Tomorrow is band practice, then home for more sewing.  While I sew, the Evil Genius watches/plays with Sprout.  He's grand - she thinks he's the best toy ever.

For the rest of this week, we'll be working on getting the boy's room cleaned up.  Hopefully this time I'll take before photos, but trust me when I tell you it's...well...wow...

This weekend a friend is coming to stay and distract the kids wile I work in the Evil Genius's room, and then we're celebrating her birthday next Tuesday.  Another rehearsal Wednesday and then...well, Someone will be home!

Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it!

What do you do when your partner/roommate/parents are out of town?

No comments: