Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thoughtfetti

Sprout's morning playlist (she likes music, go figure) contains Flogging Molly, Godsmack, Natalie Imbruglia, Cheryl Crow, Slipknot, Great Big Sea, Eric Church, Jeannie C Riley, Pearl Jam, Coyote Run, and Nickel Creek. Wonder what she'll listen to when she's older...
~~~~~
I cut the catnip with the special Kitty Claw Trimmers o' Doom. I like the symmetry...
~~~~~
The last few nights, I've had troubling dreams, unpleasant subjects leaving me feeling worried and stressed, but they've been lovely because they're in water colors. If only I could paint as well as my mind...
~~~~~
I may have lucked into getting my little trio of childrens' stories published. We'll see...
~~~~~
Where does Sprout put all the formula she's drinking? Four ounces every hour or two, good grief...I think there's a portable hole in her stomach, and it's all flowing into another dimension.
~~~~~
The Thai Insanity Pepper sprout has its second set of leaves and is beginning the third...I may grow one, yet!
~~~~~
Is it too late for me to learn how to play the fiddle?
~~~~~
Someone tell me why I'm paying so much for the world's largest 3G network when I can't access it anywhere because either my phone or the system is buggy...
~~~~~
Bird brought home a bible and a book of bible stories from his last visit with his father. He's been reading the stories to me, and we discuss them. He didn't know I knew the bible fairly well. I don't mind - I want him to learn that there are many religions, philosophies, and spiritual paths, and I don't think any one is the only one...but I do wish they weren't the Jehova's Witness versions of the books...oy... Guess I'll have to go down in to the library and find my old Children's Bible (the one I had when I was a kid).
~~~~~
Spell Check doesn't like "Jehova". Huh.
~~~~~
The Evil Genius is with his dad for the weekend, and Someone and I are taking Sprout up to Mum's to install deer fence around the garden (it's a project, lemme tell you). What're your weekend plans?

3 comments:

Phelan said...

woowhoo about the pepper!

Weekend here is the same as always. blah. Maybe something interesting will happen.

Kevin McKeever said...

Spent today killing poison ivy. I plan to spent tomorrow in a calamine lotion coma.

Michelle Roebuck said...

Jehovah?