Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, May 23, 2011

One of THOSE Days...er...Weeks...

Aaaaaarrrrrrghhhhhhh!

Pant, pant.

Ahem.

Aaaaaarrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!

Pant, pant, pant.

Hrrrrhhemmm.

One more...

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!!!

Pant, pant...pant...

Whew.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way...

I realize that I am Entropy's bitch. It doesn't have to keep driving the point home. And Murphy really doesn't need to chime his ass in, either.

My oven is kaput. Whaydaya mean, I can't bake??

The last bulb in the how-the-heck-do-you-change-the-bulbs-in-this-thing-? foyer light blew.

The dryer doesn't care to, at the moment.

The left "Shift" Key fell off of Bob the Wonder Computer.

I got it back on, but now the space bar isn't. Spacing. I have to keep striking it until it feels space-y again, which is about one-third of the time...this post took half of forever to type.

The trash company didn't pick ours up this week...probably because I haven't paid them. Unreasonable people.

The Blue Nowhere was just the Nowhere today at the Casa de Crazy - again with the whole paying the bill thing. Sigh. I need a patron. Or a lottery win.

Sprout decided that 4:30 was exactly the right time to get up for the day and naps are for chumps.

There's more, but between the space bar that isn't and the baby that thinks blogging, like naps, is for chumps, I need to be done. How's your life goin'?

2 comments:

Michelle Roebuck said...

Apparently, Blogger/Google, et al. are feeling snarky towards me, too. I tried to post a comment, assured that I would be allowed to login afterward... to no avail. Lots of hoops jumped later, I can re-type what I remember of my original comment:

Anxiety- and panic-ridden for mostly amorphous, I-can't-quite-put-my-finger-on-it reasons.

There was more... but it's been lost in the ether.

If I win the lottery, I'll make sure you get a new oven (at the very least). I'll be attending to my sisters' children (soon to number SEVEN with the addition of TWIN GIRLS in late Aug. / early Sept.) (don't worry, they're Kristi's) and my own, of course, but there'll be specially earmarked funds for renewed ability to bake at Casa de Crazy.

Momlady said...

I've been looking at drop-ins but they all have the glass top. Will continue to search. In the meantime I guess you'll have to learn more about the microwave. It's been one of those days here also.