Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Right Now...

...I feel tired, old, discouraged, disheartened, hurt, and deeply sad. I wonder why I bother caring, or dreaming, or trying.

This is depression. It is painful. It sucks - literally and figuratively.

Right now, I can't do anything right, can't say anything right.

This is depression. Insidious, it snakes itself into everything, so that the simplest tasks become building the pyramids blind-folded and one-legged.

Right now, I am hungry but do not want to bother eating, am thirsty but can't be bothered to take a drink.

This is depression. It saps a body.

Right now, I look at my future and wonder why I should make any effort at all to meet it.

This is depression, and it passes. Perhaps in a few minutes, perhaps tomorrow, perhaps next week.

Right now, it is grinding me down a little more, wearing me a little thinner, sinking me a little deeper.

This is depression, and it doesn't get any better or any easier as time passes, or because I know what it is.

Do me a favor, go read this post - I'm pretty sure it doesn't suck entirely, and it's certainly less gloomy.

Right now, I endure.

1 comment:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

why face me and saoirse...

nice.